December 2008 to present
Digital Experience Designer/Producer
The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Manage a small team of Web Content Coordinators
- Coordinate the migration of content from various University websites to the new content management system
- Coordinate the development of new information architecture for each major site being migrated
- Contribute to content refresh for current and migrating sites
- Information Architecture (IA) creation and review
- Content Schedule creation and review
- Assisted in the design/layout of The University of Auckland events calendar
- Assisted in the design of the staff intranet for the The University of Auckland
- Assist faculties and institutes with template selection and images
- Creation of Google Maps for each faculty or institute
- Offer additional Jahia CMS support to faculties and institutes who have already migrated onto the new CMS
- Customisation of BigCommerce templates/CSS for the University Finance Department
- Assistance and design of “Mission, Vision & Value” posters as well as floor signage
- Co-design/re-skin of Graduate School of Management websites http://www.gsm.auckland.ac.nz
- Design of The University of Auckland staff directory
- Design of the university volunteer website http://www.auckland.ac.nz/volunteer (Customer view and Administration)
- Design of The University of Auckland mobile app. http://www.auckland.ac.nz/app
- Design of The University of Auckland Programmes and Courses pages
- Co-design of The University of Auckland Find a Thesis pages
- Team Lead of Content Migration from Jahia to Adobe Experience Manager (80+ websites, ~20,000 pages)
October 2006 to June 2009
Owner and Director
Bravo for Bras!
- Coding of the Bravo for Bras! website using a mixture of HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Design of company logo.
- Design of company advertising material, posters, stationery and t-shirts
- Day to Day running of the website using HTML, CSS, PHP and browser based Content Management Systems.
- Creation and management of email campaigns.
- Search Engine Optimisation and Keyword tracking.
- Providing daily reports of web traffic (Unique Visitors).
- Creation and editing of online video – Fitting Guide section.
July 2007 to November 2008
Online Leader New Zealand
Flight Centre New Zealand
- Manage online team including website production members, development teams and Contractors.
- Plan business cases for Online Channel development that deliver revenue and margin.
- Wireframes & Photoshop/Fireworks mockups for HTML build.
- Design and implementation of an internal ‘Holiday Builder’ to improve communication and productivity between travel wholesalers and online channel.
- Evaluate, prioritise and manage business-as-usual Online Channel development.
- Interpret and develop all Flight Centre product and content and ensure integration into Online Channel.
- Creation and delivery of Email Communications to 230,000+ people.
- Train Content Loaders on best practice content editing focusing on SEO rich content.
- Generate reports on website productivity using Google Analytics and Hitwise.
- Consultation role with internal departments to advise the best use of the online space.
- Design, layout, HTML and CSS coding of promotion landing pages and micro sites.
May 2007 to July 2007
Online Content Manager
Whitcoulls NZ Ltd
- Day to Day maintenance of static category home pages.
- Creation of banners & tiles throughout website.
- Answering website queries from customers.
- Search Engine Optimisation.
- Creation of Google Analytics and Hitwise reports
- Taking on consultant role to recommend changes to the existing site to improve performance & conversion rate.
- Represent the Marketing Department from the Online/Interactive aspect in external advertising agency meetings.
December 2002 to March 2008
E-commerce Production Manager
Eurostar, London, United Kingdom
- Day to day running of Eurostar.com across 8 websites (multiple languages).
- Co-ordination of online promotions/events with UK, French and Belgian marketing teams.
- Creation and maintenance of affiliate/marketing banners.
- Analyse web traffic reports and react accordingly based on results.
- Organise content on a day to day basis and scheduling of new content online.
- Organisation of translations for content and/or promotional activity.
- Investigate new web technologies and keep track of ongoing web trends.
- Generate new traffic by means of new concepts online (multi lingual video, 360 tours, Interactive route maps)
- Attend Steering Group meetings on a monthly basis with heads of departments.
- Involvement of new designs/concepts to ensure it met with company brand guidelines and key objectives.
- Ensure new designs meet WAI and usability standards.
- Take and active part in User Acceptance Testing (UATs).
- Key contact for Content Management issues or queries (Documentum and Ezpublish software) including the integration of the new CMS into the Eurostar.com environment.
- Conduct department meetings and 1 to 1 meetings with team members.
October 1999 to November 2001
nzoom.com / TVNZ
* Day to day maintenance of Travel section of nzoom.com using HTML, CSS and FTP software.
* Creation of graphics for news or editorial articles.
* Co-ordination of daily and weekly content online.
* Twice daily updates of travel homepage and updated feature article nzoom.com homepage.
* Writing new content as and when required.
* Editing content from media agencies (Reuters, APN, etc) to keep with the tone of voice set by TVNZ.
* Sourcing advertisers to sponsor new sections created with nzoom travel.
* Creation of the online travel booking system to allow flights, hotels and cars to be booked through nzoom travel using a 3rd party supplier.
* Monitoring online sales and reporting results to wholesaler (supplier) and Executive Producer.
* Creation of online foreign exchange sales in conjunction with Travelex.
* Nzoom Travel nominated in the Netguide awards for Best Travel Website 2000 & 2001
July 1992 to September 1999
Help Desk Supervisor
* Answering calls from travel agents throughout New Zealand.
* Software, hardware and network support.
* Daily/Weekly/Ad hoc generation of helpdesk reports for Operations Manager and Sales Teams.
* Departmental meetings to discuss training requirements for travel agents.
* Management of helpdesk team to reach goals and department objectives.
* Training and coaching of junior staff members.
* Creation and day to day maintenance of company intranet.
* Involved in the migration of all travel agent PCs from Windows 98 to NT4.
* Design of product brochures, helpdesk clue cards and product launch invitations.
* Logo design for new Sabre product, Eclipse.
* Management – Appreciation for Excellence Award 1994 & 1996
* Nomination for Chief Executives Excellence Award — Sabre Pacific NZ Ltd
* Various certificates for products used and sold by Fantasia Information Network / SABRE Pacific NZ Ltd.
April 1988 to June 1992
Senior Travel Retail Consultant
Russell and Somers Travel
- Domestic and International sales consultant.
- Corporate bookings for local businesses.
- Setup and maintenance of computer network within office.
- Training office staff on the computer systems (Windows 3.1 and Sabre CRS)
- Training of other consultants in local offices in West Auckland.
- Initial contact for all computer related questions.
- Became beta site for any new releases on the software/hardware we used.